The Methos Chronicles:
The Armed Intervention Series
This site is not going anywhere. Yahoo has been rather vague about the details, but apparently, if you have been paying for your site, your site will get switched over to their new Yahoo service (which is not free, hence the demise of all free Geocities sites) as of tomorrow. Old links will take you to the new addy which I don't know yet because they won't let me pick it until tomorrow. Yep, that's right. I've been paying for this site for a while. My bandwidth kept getting blown through the roof, so I had to upgrade a couple of years ago. Who knew that would turn out to be a good idea? So, this site, at least, will still keep chugging along as always.
He is Methos, an ornery old goat who hasn't given anybody any peace for five thousand years. That's right, he's Immortal. If you've got a sword and you're feeling lucky, you might kill him if you can whack off his head. Then again, he might whack you--especially if you're Immortal, too. Just don't duke it out on holy ground. You wouldn't like what happens next. Me? I'm his best buddy, Joe Dawson. I watch Immortals for a living. So does Methos. Yeah, it's complicated and it sure can get dangerous, but hey, who wants to live forever?
Stories are in either text or html files. Davis/Panzer own the Highlander universe, Joe, Methos (although I strongly suspect that the ROG belongs only to himself, somehow) and the above images--except for the Methos Chronicles graphic, which belongs to the Phoenix Virtual Television Network and the Ren� Galbon pic, which comes from The World of Jean Reno fan site. T'ain't mine; not getting any filthy lucre out of them. No infringement of Davis/Panzer's license is intended. However, these are still my stories, and the above is still my banner. If you want to use them for some purpose, ask first, please, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WARNING: There is no slash in this series. It is completely gen/het. However, some of these stories are rated R. This is mostly for violence rather than any explicit sex, but some stories will discuss sexual issues very frankly. If you're under the age of 18 and the rating says R, this means that it's not for you. So, don't read it.
Note: I apologise to those who have written me feedback this year. Hurricane Real Life, and a (successful) PhD defense in November 2004, got in the way of my writing this series, I'm afraid. At any rate, I'll finish Sea of Fate. SoF will probably be the last story, so there will be an ending to the series. Or as much of one as there ever is with Highlander Immortals.
Coming soon: the conclusion to "A Sea of Fate".
The Armed Intervention series: Year One
- Armed Intervention: Worried about Methos' erratic behaviour, Joe investigates the Old Man's whereabouts during the Ahriman crisis--and finds out far more than he expected. First in the series. Posted here and on the Methos Scrolls 1/08-11/2002. R.
- Both Sides of the Story: It's a week from Hell, even by Methos' exacting standards, when Joe finds out why the Old Man joined the Watchers. Second in the series. Posted here, on the Methos Scrolls and on alt.tv.highlander.creative 7/22-7/28/2002. R.
- It's So Beautiful Over There: Methos' therapy hits a snag. Third in the series. Posted here, on the Methos Scrolls and on alt.tv.highlander.creative 8/1/2002. PG-13.
- Bring Out Your Dead: While searching for MacLeod in Scotland, Joe and Methos discover just what happens when an Immortal takes a head on holy ground. Fourth in the series. Posted here, on the Methos Scrolls and on alt.tv.highlander.creative 9/3/2002. PG-13.
- Two Watchers in Search of a Gathering: In 1985, Joe and his student Adam Pierson discover that the Gathering is at hand--they just won't be anywhere near it. Fifth in the series. Posted here, on the Methos Scrolls and on alt.tv.highlander.creative 10/28/2002. PG.
- Parce Que J'ai P�ch�, part one: By Judith Hill. A man from Dr. Galbon's past puts both him and his patient in grave danger. Sixth in the series. Posted here on 10/28/2002. R.
- Don't Let the Turkeys Get You Down: A few weeks after the events in 'Indiscretions' (in late October 1998), Joe persuades Methos to have Thanksgiving dinner with him and Amy Thomas. Seventh in the series. Posted here on 11/24/2002. PG.
- Parce Que J'ai P�ch�, part two: By Judith Hill. (Sections 4 and 5 in the Advisory) Dr. Galbon and Amy team up to find Galbon's blackmailer. Eighth in the series. Posted here on 12/8/2002. R.
- Snuff: It's a less than holly-jolly Twelve Days of Christmas, when the Dynamic Duo (sorry, Joe and Methos) run afoul of some renegade Watchers who are selling Internet movies of Quickenings. Ninth in the Armed Intervention series. Posted here on 12/25/2002. R.
- Parce Que J'ai P�ch�, conclusion: By Judith Hill. (Sections 6 and 7 in the Advisory) When the blackmailer is revealed, Galbon finds himself forced to rely on strange allies. Tenth in the Armed Intervention series. R.
- The Road to Hell: On New Year's Eve, Kronos recalls his first meeting with Death. Eleventh in the series. Posted here on 1/17/2003. R.
- A Sea of Fate, parts one, two, three and four: Joe and Methos find themselves chasing each other's dopplegangers on the streets of Paris. Twelfth in the series. R.
And a peek into the future....
- An Oral History of the Apocalypse: A historian interviews Methos about his 1000 years as Death on a Horse. Occurs three years after "Armed Intervention". Posted here and on the Methos Scrolls and HLGenFanfic lists 6/04/2001. PG.
Phoenix Virtual Television
Vive la Difference!
If you liked this series, try these other, excellent Joe stories:
- Janeen's Joe and Methos Page Janeen's archive of Joe and/or Methos stories by various authors. Varying ratings.
- Break the Day Story by Ecolea. When Methos is caught up in the World Trade Center disaster, Joe and Mac must find a way to lead him back to sanity. This is Rated R and is very intense. Please heed the rating on this one.
- Jette's Place Jette's fanfic archive. Includes a het Joe romance series. Joe also figures prominently in the Annette Daniels Chronicles.
- Conversation at Joe's Teresa's multi-author archive, based on a single theme--every story is set in Joe's Bar.
- JoeStories Archive Raine's (formerly Alice in Stonyland) archive of Joe stories. At over 100 entries, this is the largest, and widest-ranging, of the archives here, so please heed any warnings or ratings on individual stories.
And these excellent Methos series:
- You're In My Heart Methos and Amanda series by Jo and Susan, mostly set in the present day, which recounts their adventures over the centuries.
- What's An Honorable Man? Four-part Methos chronicle, by Yvette, which starts in the 20th century and follows the Old Man and a lost love through several centuries into the future.
- Highlander: The Methos Chronicles Methos series, by Mina-Clare, based in the present day, which follows his adventures (with flashbacks to previous lives) and pairs him up with the likes of Hugh Fitzcairn and his Immortal ex-wife, Rose.
- Hope: Cassandra's Story Cassandra series, by Janeen, telling her story over the ages and her ongoing, troubled relationship with Methos. Mainly set in present time, extending several centuries into the future.
- Changing of the Guard Ecolea's Highlander/Stargate crossover tosses Methos to the tender mercies of Colonel O'Neill and SG-1 (It's a draw, most of the time). Set in the present time, but with forays into the past (not flashbacks, real time travel). [Note: This link takes you to Ecolea's stories at the 7th Dim archive, so you have to scroll down a bit to get to the series. Her own page has been down for some months. I've been mulling over what to do and finally decided to put the 7th Dim links up, since you can find most of her stuff there. If anything more direct comes around, I'll put that up instead.]
- The Methos (and Kronos) Journals Xenon tells how one friendship caused five millennia of murder, mayhem and major property damage. And no, I'm not talking about Duncan and Fitz. Starts in 3000 BCE and continues up to the present time.
- The Methos Chronicles This isn't fanfic, so much as animated profic. Yep, it's the IFilm project to which Peter Wingfield lent his voice for the Methos narrative and dialogue. You can still find the preview and all eight episodes here.
- The Concrete Cave: Announcements and discussion list for my writing and my cowriter's.
- The Stolen Briefcase: Discussion list for the CBC crime series, "Intelligence".
- Beauseant: Discussion list about the Knights Templar, their history and legends.
- Templars in Iberia: Discussion list about the Knights Templar in Spain and Portugal.
- RPCVs Unlimited: Discussion list for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers who are looking to work overseas.
You are visitor number
This page was last updated on 10/26/2009