THE SNOWLEOPARD'S LAIR
This site is not going anywhere. Yahoo has been rather vague about the details, but apparently, if you have been paying for your site, your site will get switched over to their new Yahoo service (which is not free, hence the demise of all free Geocities sites) as of tomorrow. Old links will take you to the new addy which I don't know yet because they won't let me pick it until tomorrow. Yep, that's right. I've been paying for this site for a while. My bandwidth kept getting blown through the roof, so I had to upgrade a couple of years ago. Who knew that would turn out to be a good idea? So, this site, at least, will still keep chugging along as always.
All stories are either text or html files. This page contains Star Trek stories which I have posted on alt.startrek.creative (ASC). You'll find all of my fanfic in other genres here, as well.
Most of the stories will be listed in chronological order, except where they belong to a specific subgenre (i.e. parodies) or a series (i.e. Split Personality, which has mutated into a four-entry series). Many, but not all, stories are set in the Star Trek: DS9 series, and center around the character of Dr. Julian Bashir. Highlander stories tend to center around the characters of Joe Dawson and Methos, Queen of Swords stories around the character of Dr. Helm. If you can't stand any of those characters, then I guess you're in the wrong place.
Disclaimer: Paramount owns all of the Star Trek characters and situations. Rysher/Davis owns the Highlander universe (although I strongly suspect that the ROG belongs only to himself, somehow). Fireworks Entertainment owns the Queen of Swords universe. Since I don't own any of 'em, I'm not making any money off of these stories. No infringement of Paramount's, Rysher/Davis', or Fireworks' license is intended. However, they're still my stories. If you want to use them for some purpose, ask first, please, at: email@example.com.
WARNING: Some of these stories are rated R or NC-17. This is mostly for violence and gore rather than any explicit sex. Some stories, however, will discuss sexual issues very frankly. If you're under the age of 18 and the rating says R or NC-17, this means that it's not for you. So, don't read it.
Coming soon: the conclusion to "A Sea of Fate"
You can find my SF stories and other writing here.
Table of Contents:
- Gun in My Hand, Tears in My Eyes: Creegan tried to kill Hinks--but someone beat him to it [spoilers for the pilot and "Justine"]. Posted here, and on TouchingEvilFics, 5/8/2004. PG-13.
The Queen of Swords
- Watching the World Go By: Dr. Helm discovers that drowning your troubles can be more difficult some days than others. Posted here, and on The Queen of Swords fanfic list, 7/30/2001. PG.
- Famous Last Words: Grisham says the wrong thing to Helm one too many times. Answer to QoSf Trio #34 Challenge and posted on The Queen of Swords fanfic list, 9/30/2001. PG.
- Entre L'Espadatxina i la Paret [Between the Swordswoman and the Wall]: Dr. Helm has a very bad day at work. Posted as part of Channel QoS-VS, the Queen of Swords Virtual Second Season, which can be found at https://www.quillnsword.ca/quillnsword/QoS-VS/archives.htm, on 4/15/2002. PG-13.
- Day of the Dead: When an epidemic of madness sweeps through Santa Helena, sworn enemies are forced to work together. Posted as the Season Premiere of Channel QoS-VS, the Queen of Swords Virtual Third Season, which can be found at https://www.geocities.com/rpcv.geo/arch4.html, on 10/27/2002. PG-13.
- Tesoro: Christmas Eve finds Dr. Helm alone at a crossroads in his life, and forces Tessa to rethink her strategy regarding her would-be suitors. Posted as episode ten of Channel QoS-VS, the Queen of Swords Virtual Third Season, which can be found at https://www.geocities.com/rpcv.geo/arch4.html, on 12/29/2002. PG-13.
- Fora de la Paella... [Out of the Frying Pan...]: Once again, Dr. Helm's past comes back to haunt him, in the form of an old rival and a vengeful young don. This time, he decides to stand and fight. Posted as episode sixteen of Channel QoS-VS, the Queen of Swords Virtual Third Season, which can be found at https://www.geocities.com/rpcv.geo/arch4.html, on 3/23/2003. PG-13.
- ...En el Foc [...Into the Fire]: Helm strikes up an unholy alliance with his worst enemy--but who will betray whom first? Posted as episode seventeen of Channel QoS-VS, the Queen of Swords Virtual Third Season, which can be found at https://www.geocities.com/rpcv.geo/arch4.html, on 4/13/2003. PG-13.
- Venganza: A murder in Santa Elena brings Tessa's quest for vengeance to a crossroads--and puts the Queen on a dangerous new path. Posted as the season finale (episode twenty) of Channel QoS-VS, the Queen of Swords Virtual Third Season, which can be found at https://www.geocities.com/rpcv.geo/arch4.html, on 1/2/2004. PG-13.
Highlander: The Series
The Armed Intervention Series
- Evenings Bright and Fair: Joe faces losing one of his oldest friends--piece by piece. Posted here 4/01/2001. Posted on the Methos Scrolls 4/13/2001. PG.
- The Night Shift: A death in the MacLeod family leaves a very large hole--which Amanda does her best to fill. Sequel to 'Evenings Bright and Fair'. It really helps if you've read that one already. Posted here and on the Methos Scrolls 4/15/2001. PG.
- Collateral Damage: Joe and Methos watch a disaster unfold on television. Posted here and on the Methos Scrolls and HLGenFanfic lists 9/18/2001. PG.
- Armed Intervention: Worried about Methos' erratic behaviour, Joe investigates the Old Man's whereabouts during the Ahriman crisis--and finds out far more than he expected. First in the series. Posted here and on the Methos Scrolls 1/08-11/2002. R.
- Both Sides of the Story: It's a week from Hell, even by Methos' exacting standards, when Joe finds out why the Old Man joined the Watchers. Second in the series. Posted here, on the Methos Scrolls and on alt.tv.highlander.creative 7/22-7/28/2002. R.
- It's So Beautiful Over There: Methos' therapy hits a snag. Third in the series. Posted here, on the Methos Scrolls and on alt.tv.highlander.creative 8/1/2002. PG-13.
- Bring Out Your Dead: While searching for MacLeod in Scotland, Joe and Methos discover just what happens when an Immortal takes a head on holy ground. Fourth in the series. Posted here, on the Methos Scrolls and on alt.tv.highlander.creative 9/3/2002. PG-13.
- Two Watchers in Search of a Gathering: In 1985, Joe and his student Adam Pierson discover that the Gathering is at hand--they just won't be anywhere near it. Fifth in the series. Posted here, on the Methos Scrolls and on alt.tv.highlander.creative 10/28/2002. PG.
- Parts six, eight and ten - "Parce Que J'ai P�ch�, parts one, two and three", By Judith Hill - can be found at: Judith's Advisory and the Armed Intervention page from 11/17/2002.
- Don't Let the Turkeys Get You Down: A few weeks after the events in 'Indiscretions' (in late October 1998), Joe persuades Methos to have Thanksgiving dinner with him and Amy Thomas. Seventh in the series. Posted here on 11/24/2002. PG.
- Snuff: It's a less than holly-jolly Twelve Days of Christmas, when the Dynamic Duo (sorry, Joe and Methos) run afoul of some renegade Watchers who are selling Internet movies of Quickenings. Ninth in the Armed Intervention series. Posted on 12/25/2002. R.
- The Road to Hell: On New Year's Eve, Kronos recalls his first meeting with Death. Eleventh in the series. Posted here on 1/17/2003. R.
- A Sea of Fate, parts one, two, three and four: Joe and Methos find themselves chasing each other's dopplegangers on the streets of Paris. Twelfth in the series. R.
And a peek into the future....
- An Oral History of the Apocalypse: A historian interviews Methos about his 1000 years as Death on a Horse. Occurs three years after "Armed Intervention". Posted here and on the Methos Scrolls and HLGenFanfic lists 6/04/2001. PG.
Star Trek Winner, Third Place, MIS Author, 2000 ASC Awards; Second Place, MIS Author, 2002 ASC Awards.
- Isolation: [DS9] Bashir spends five (or was it seven?) days in Isolation in Internment Camp 371. Occurs immediately before "In Purgatory's Shadow." The first story that I posted on ASC. Slightly revised from the original. Posted on ASC 4/20/1998. PG-13.
- Jerusalem: [DS9 AU] This story is an answer to an ASC challenge from Spring 1998: "What if the Dominion won the War?" It occurs after "A Call to Arms." In this story, the events in "A Time to Stand" never happen. Posted 1/20/1999. R.
- Render To Caesar: [DS9] In this future (alternate?) ending to '"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges," Bashir finally takes a stand regarding Sloan and Section 31 (some spoilers for the end of the episode). This one is short, the way all kiss-offs should be. I began this as the end credits were rolling for "Inter Arma...", finished and posted it two hours later. Posted 3/7/1999. PG.
- Sex, Lies, and Leather Straps: [DS9] Ezri gets all tied up in her new holoprogram. She doesn't count on Bashir walking in on her. Set early in Season Seven. Posted 8/4/2000. NC-17.
- Last Stop on the Barcelona Metro Winner, Second Place, Challenge DS9 Story, 2000 ASC Awards.: [DS9] Answer to the Hot Summer Night challenge on ASC. Bashir and Ezri beat the heat in Barcelona. What plot? Posted 8/13/2000. R.
- A Child of Faerie: [DS9] A woman contemplates the changes in her young son. Posted 1/28/2001. G.
- Triage Winner, Second Place, Deep Space Nine General Story, 2001 ASC Awards.: [DS9-Sawalha] Following the evacuation of the survivors from the siege at AR-558, Bashir and Nog end up on a crowded hospital ship. Set early in Season Seven, between 'The Siege of AR-558' and 'It's Only a Paper Moon'. Some spoilers for those eps. Occurs a year after "In Coventry". Rated for violence and graphic images of war trauma. Posted 1/25/2002. R.
- The Captain's Woman: [TOS Mirror Universe] Just how high can a captain's woman go in a man's world? Set some years after "Mirror, Mirror" and I ignore all DS9 canon in this one. Posted 1/26/2003. PG-13.
- You're Lucky I'm a Civilised Man Winner, First Place, The George D. Morgan Award for Original Captain and Crew Story, 2002 ASC Awards.: [MIS-Sawalha] Everyone has a breaking point, and wars don't end when the last shot is fired. Posted 1/28/2003. R.
- If You Can't Beat Them... : [MIS-Sawalha] Some missions are no-win from start to finish. Posted 1/30/2004. R.
- The World Is Room Winner, Third Place, VOY General Story, 2003 ASC Awards.: [VOY-Sawalha] The most important day in Tom Paris' life does not begin smoothly. Posted 1/31/2004. PG-13.
The Split Personality Series [DS9]
- Split Personality: Sequel to the episode, "The Passenger." A Kobliad scientist arrives on DS9 with a biological weapon and a plan to raise master criminal Rao Vantika from the dead. Now, the DS9 crew must decide who is more dangerous--the scientist or Dr. Bashir. Occurs during the sixth season, shortly before "Inquisition." Originally posted 5/18/1998. Reposted 7/6/2000. PG-13.
- The Warlord of Orion's Belt: Odo creates an intriguing new villain, based on a Station coworker, for his mystery holoprogram. Garak wants in on the action. They both may get more than they bargained for, however, once the original finds out. Sequel to "Split Personality." Set during the sixth season, a few weeks after "Inquisition" and "In The Pale Moonlight" but before "His Way." Posted 7/6/2000. PG.
- Prisoner of Castle Orion: Unable to revenge themselves upon Bashir, who has commandeered their illicit holoprogram, Odo and Garak take their frustrations out on Quark. Set behind the scenes of "His Way." Posted 7/6/2000. PG.
- Redjac Was Here pt. 1 Winner, First Place, Incomplete MIS Story, 2000 ASC Awards.: Dax, Bashir, and Scotty discover that three is company, but fourteen's a crowd while chasing down a serial killer on a pleasure planet. Third sequel to "Split Personality" and TOS ep...well, that would be telling. Set about a year after the end of the seventh season. Posted 7/6/2000. R.
The Sawalha Series (MIS)
- 2369 CE The Best Man: [MIS-Sawalha] Solok (the Vulcan captain from DS9's "Take Me Out to the Holosuite") meets his match. Posted 1/19/2003. PG-13.
- 2371 CE The World Is Room Winner, Third Place, VOY General Story, 2003 ASC Awards.: [VOY-Sawalha] The most important day in Tom Paris' life does not begin smoothly. Posted 1/31/2004. PG-13.
- 2374 CE In Coventry Winner, Third Place, The George D. Morgan Award for Original Captain and Crew Story, 2001 ASC Awards.: [MIS-Sawalha] War is a dangerous business for orphans far from home. Posted 1/30/2002. PG-13.
- 2375 CE Triage Winner, Second Place, Deep Space Nine General Story, 2001 ASC Awards.: [DS9-Sawalha] Following the evacuation of the survivors from the siege at AR-558, Bashir and Nog end up on a crowded hospital ship. Set early in Season Seven, between 'The Siege of AR-558' and 'It's Only a Paper Moon'. Some spoilers for those eps. Rated for violence and graphic images of war trauma. Posted 1/25/2002. R.
- 2376 CE If You Can't Beat Them... : [MIS-Sawalha] Some missions are no-win from start to finish. Posted 1/30/2004. R.
- 2380 CE You're Lucky I'm a Civilised Man Winner, First Place, The George D. Morgan Award for Original Captain and Crew Story, 2002 ASC Awards.: [MIS-Sawalha] Everyone has a breaking point, and wars don't end when the last shot is fired. Posted 1/28/2003. R.
The Cutting Room Floor (DS9 Drabble Series) Winner, Second Place, DS9 Drabble, 2000 ASC Awards.
- The Cutting Room Floor: Introduction: Seven days' worth of drabble (a story or vignette exactly 100 words long) depicting Bashir scenes that we might like to see (but never will) on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Posted 11/19/2000. PG--PG-13.
- Monday's child is fair of face.
Chemistry: Under the influence of Xanthi Fever, Bashir decides to make his Peldor Joy rendezvous with Kira after all. Set at the end of season three's "Fascination". Posted 11/20/2000. PG.
- Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Doppleganger: Smiley liberates a group of prisoners in the Mirror Universe. Occurs a few months after second season's "Crossover". Posted 11/21/2000. PG-13.
- Wednesday's child is loving and giving.
Do No Harm: A conversation about conflicting views of honor, whose absence crippled an already dodgy episode. Occurs behind the scenes (grr) of season four's 'The Sons of Mogh'. Posted 11/22/2000. PG.
- Thursday's child works hard for a living.
Yet, Here's A Spot: Kira tries to comfort Bashir after their escape from the Mirror Universe. Set in the second season, the night after the end of "Crossover." Posted 11/23/2000. PG.
- Friday's child is full of woe.
The Pact: Ezri lives to regret her pact with Bashir. Alternate ending to "What You Leave Behind." Posted 11/24/2000. PG-13.
- Saturday's child has far to go.
Five Minutes: Bashir says goodbye to Jadzia at the end of "Tears of the Prophets." Posted 11/25/2000. PG.
- But the child who was born on the Sabbath day is brave and bonny and good and gay.
Spy vs. Spy: Garak and Bashir's friendship hits the rocks after Garak discovers that Bashir is genetically enhanced. Occurs shortly after "Dr. Bashir, I Presume." Posted 11/26/2000. PG-13.
Six Battles in Search of a War (MIS Drabble Series)
- Six Battles in Search of a War: Introduction: Every drabble series has a theme. This one is about...payback. Because eventually, good guys or bad guys, the Karma Credit Plan gets us all. Posted 1/19/2003. PG--PG-13.
- Double Bind Winner, Second Place, ENT Drabble, 2002 ASC Awards.: [ENT] Some wars are harder to end than others--especially the ones where both sides are equally guilty. Coda to "Detained". Posted 1/19/2003. PG.
- To Serve in Heaven Winner, Third Place, TOS Drabble, 2002 ASC Awards.: [TOS] Khan gets his dying wish. Posted 1/19/2003. PG.
- The Enemy of My Enemy Winner, Third Place, TNG Drabble, 2002 ASC Awards.: [TNG] Years after the events of "Face of the Enemy", Troi and Commander Toreth meet again. Occurs shortly after "Nemesis". Posted 1/19/2003. PG.
- Turnabout Is Fair Play: [DS9] Three years after the end of the Dominion War, Bashir encounters one of the conspirators at Starfleet Medical who infected Odo with the Founders' disease. Coda to "When It Rains". Posted 1/19/2003. PG.
- It Must Have Slipped My Mind Winner, Second Place, General Drabble, 2002 ASC Awards.: [VOY] What goes around comes around, as Janeway discovers to her great satisfaction. Yes, it's yet another coda to "Counterpoint". Set after "Nemesis". Posted 1/19/2003. PG.
- The Best Man: [MIS-Sawalha] Solok (the Vulcan captain from DS9's "Take Me Out to the Holosuite") meets his match. Posted 1/19/2003. PG-13.
Christmas Stories and Filks
- A Trekkie's Christmas: [MIS] The Twelve Days of Christmas (as if you couldn't tell), from a Trekkie's POV. Otherwise known as "My Brother's and My Christmas Lists Set to Music." Posted 12/11/1998. PG.
- Merry Christmas At Quark's: [DS9] "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," as, ah, modified by Quark. The image I got while I wrote this, of Quark trolling around the bar warbling the song, was pretty appalling. Posted 12/11/1998. PG.
- Jingle Bells: [Voyager] Ensign Kim tries to teach Seven of Nine "Jingle Bells". Poor guy. When will he ever learn? Posted 12/11/1998. G.
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas: [DS9] The first year after the end of the Dominion War, Ezri throws a Christmas party reunion on DS9 and tries to get everyone to sing carols. The effort goes the way these things always do in dysfunctional families--badly. Posted 12/16/1999. PG.
- A Christmas Fantasy Winner, Second Place, MIS Miscellaneous, 2000 ASC Awards. : [MIS] A little Christmas filk fantasy about the perfect Trek movie, sung to the tune of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen". Posted 12/05/2000. PG .
- Santa's Little Trolls Winner, Third Place, MIS Miscellaneous, 2000 ASC Awards.: [MIS] 'Tis the season for the Annual Christmas Flamewar About Nothing On Alt.StarTrek.Creative. So, just to get everybody in the Christmas spirit, here's a little paen to our Net brothers and sisters who migrate like drunken reindeer over to the ASC from alt.spanking about this time of the season. Sung to the tune of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer". Posted 12/08/2000. PG .
- Deck The Halls: [DS9] Ezri tries to get everyone together to sing carols for Admiral Ross on Christmas Eve. The results are, if possible, even more disastrous than her previous attempt. Sequel to "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." Posted 12/17/2000. PG.
- The Night Before Christmas: [DS9] On the night before Christmas in Glasgow, a 16 year old street
entertainer and his Bajoran landlady find an abandoned child. Posted 12/24/2000. PG.
- Enterprise Is Coming to Town Winner, First Place, Enterprise Poem or Filk, 2001 ASC Awards.: [Enterprise] Sky One has been trumpeting the imminent arrival of the latest Trek series to the UK. The horror, the horror.... The tune being mangled is "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (just in case that was obscure). Posted 12/17/2001. PG.
- In Coventry Winner, Third Place, The George D. Morgan Award for Original Captain and Crew Story, 2001 ASC Awards.: [MIS-Sawalha] War is a dangerous business for orphans far from home. Prequel to "Triage". Posted 1/30/2002. PG-13.
- Have a Holly Jolly Unspecified Holiday Winner, First Place, General Work, 2002 ASC Awards.: [MIS] After long and careful research, the Federation Commission for the Distribution of Non-Offensive Cultural Material issues a Christmas carol suitable for use in four quadrants. Sung to "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas". Posted 12/11/2002. PG.
- Data the Android: [TNG] A little Christmas-y filk about Data, set to "Frosty the Snowman". Includes spoilers for "Nemesis". No, seriously. Big spoilers. Posted 1/11/2003. G.
- The Concrete Cave: Announcements and discussion list for my writing and my cowriter's.
- The Stolen Briefcase: Discussion list for the CBC crime series, "Intelligence".
- Beauseant: Discussion list about the Knights Templar, their history and legends.
- Templars in Iberia: Discussion list about the Knights Templar in Spain and Portugal.
- RPCVs Unlimited: Discussion list for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers who are looking to work overseas.
You are visitor number
This page was last updated on 10/26/2009